login icons: summary

Dave Ciemiewicz ciemo at bananapc.wpd.sgi.com
Fri Oct 12 09:49:12 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct11.180838.24211 at odin.corp.sgi.com>, gavin at krypton.asd.sgi.com (Gavin A. Bell) writes:
|> I got tired of trying to figure out what arguments to give to izoom to
|> get the images under 100 x 100 pixels, so I wrote this little shell
|> script which allows you to specify the size of the new image in
|> pixels.

Like Gavin, I've written one too.  A little simpler though and pushing
the brunt of the work on nawk.

|> --- Save the following stuff in a file called 'zoom',
|> --- then chmod +x zoom

#!/bin/sh
# Script to take an image and zoom it to a specific size
# Arguments:
#   zoom img newimg xsize ysize

if test $# -ne 4 ; then
    echo "Usage: " $0 " image new_image xsize ysize" 1>&2 # send usage to stderr
    exit 2
fi

img=$1
imgnew=$2
newx=$3
newy=$4

istat $img | nawk '
{
    if (NR == 2) {
        system("izoom '$img' '$imgnew' " 'newx' / $2 " " 'newy' / $2);
    }
}'
~