man -t to lpr

Jim Sims sims at cam.nist.gov
Fri Oct 12 01:46:35 AEST 1990

I have recently discovered the -t option to man, for typesetting
man pages and sending to a printer. I am running 3.3.1 and using
lpr rather than lp, hence the problem. man -t sends to lp; I
want to be able to send to lpr. Anyone know how to do this?
According to the man page, *.z files are unpacked using pcat
and then sent to the named printer. Presumably there is more
processing than that going on. If I knew exactly what man does,
I could write a small script to do the job.

Thanks in advance.

NAME:   James S. Sims                    TELE: (301) 975-2710
USMAIL: National Institute of Standards and Technology
(formerly National Bureau of Standards)  ARPA,BITNET: sims at enh.nist.gov
        Bldg. 225 Room B-146
	Gaithersburg, MD  20899