/debug directory -- what is it?

dave "who can do? ratmandu!" ratcliffe dave at sgi.com
Wed Oct 3 01:26:22 AEST 1990

In article <901001113629.21202546 at FEDC06.FED.ORNL.GOV> RUITERJR at FEDC06.FED.ORNL.GOV ("To Thine Own Self be True.") writes:
>Hello all,
>
>      What is the /debug directory for?  I've looked through the
>manuals and can't find anything on it.  Seems its taking up a rather
>large portion of our disk space, but I've never seem much of it used.
>
>      Anyway I can reduce its space (or is this even desirable?) ?

neither of the other responses mentioned:  check out the DBG(4) man page on
the debug file system.
--
                                             daveus rattus

                                   yer friendly neighborhood ratman

                              KOYAANISQATSI

   ko.yan.nis.qatsi (from the Hopi Language)  n.  1. crazy life.  2. life
       in turmoil.  3. life out of balance.  4. life disintegrating.
         5. a state of life that calls for another way of living.