man -t to lpr (man flamed)

karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU
Fri Oct 19 22:44:18 AEST 1990

...lots o' stuff left out...

>With large libraries of online documentation like X man pages, GL man pages,
>and libc man pages, not to mention all of the add on user level man pages,
                                               !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>I personally appreciate being able to rapidly browse online manual pages.
>
>                                               --- Ciemo

My point about the man page system is that it is made artifically difficult
for a user/programmer to add their own man pages without buying old nroff
software, or knowing about awf.  (woof woof bark bark awf awf arf arf)

Man pages should by dynamic, read/write, not only read/browse.  They should be
much more adaptable (printers,terminals,formatters(TeX), spoolers, and
indexable (keyword))

I like the increased speed, and I look forward to hashed man page stuff.  Hope
you don't ignore speeding up my local man pages.

dan.

| karron at nyu.edu                          Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Please Note :Soon to move to dan at karron.med.nyu.edu 128.122.135.3  (Mid Oct)|