memory for SGI 4D-120/GT

Rainer Kleinrensing UNM10B at DBNRHRZ1.BITNET
Mon Oct 15 19:25:57 AEST 1990

Hello,
we here in the SFB256 / Institute for appl. Mathematics, University of
Bonn, Germany, use a Sillicon Graphics GT 4D-120 workstation. We now
want to upgrade the main memory ( currently 16MB ), but the chips are
very expensive if bought from SGI directly. Does anyone know where to
get those chips for less money ?
The 4D-120 uses SIMM modules that carry chips on BOTH SIDES of the module.
The usual SIMMs found in PCs will not work, we think.
Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Please reply to me directly or to the list,
    Rainer Kleinrensing,
    UNM10B at DBNRHRZ1 in BITNET