photographing the screen

Wade Olsen wade at fnord.asd.sgi.com
Fri Oct 26 04:35:33 AEST 1990

In <26308.27257d14 at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>We need to make some color slides of graphics produced on a 4D/25G.
>At present our only facility for doing this is to take a photograph of
>the screen, using a 35mm camera.  If anyone else has done this, I would
>appreciate your advice with regard to type of lens (we have both the
>"normal" 50mm lens and a macro lens), type of film, exposure settings,
>proper brightness settings on the tube, and so forth.

I've had very good results with the following:

	Put the camera about 10 feet away from the monitor.
	Use and appropriate zoom lens.

	Use Ektochrome (spelling?) 100 film.

	Use 1 second exposure.

	Use 5.6 F-stop.

	Darken the room to avoid reflections off of the monitor.

	Use "normal" brightness settings.

	Use a delay timer.

--

++