Equipment for recording animations frame by frame

James Helman jim at baroque.Stanford.EDU
Fri Oct 5 09:30:55 AEST 1990

Who makes low end systems for computer controlled single frame video
recording from SGI machines?  Actually, the ability to store video
resolution images to disk and play them back in realtime to a normal
video recorder would be adequate, but I suspect that this would
require realtime disks and be more expensive.  But then, single frame
tape decks aren't cheap either.

Any recommendations or information on vendors, perforamance, and price
ranges would be apprecicated.  Respond by e-mail.  I'll summarize if
there is interest.

Jim Helman
Department of Applied Physics			Durand 012
Stanford University				FAX: (415) 725-3377
(jim at KAOS.stanford.edu) 			Work: (415) 723-9127