CD ROM Survey & SASE

Dave Olson olson at anchor.esd.sgi.com
Sun Apr 28 11:41:42 AEST 1991

In <1991Apr27.195114.25675 at leland.Stanford.EDU> dhinds at elaine18.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) writes:

|     Have any SGI customers gotten their CD ROM drives yet?  Does anyone
| know what the schedule is for distributing these?  We got the promo stuff
| months ago (with those wonderful blank CD's - duh, what a great line,
| "this CD is blank, however it holds great potential") but we haven't heard
| anything from SGI about actually getting the drive.  Is there anything
| we need to do?

The CDROM support is part of 4.0.  A very few customers will get them
as part of the Beta test of 4.0 (don't ask me for dates!).   To the
best of my knowledge, all beta sites are chosen, so don't ask if you
if you can be part of the beta test. :)

Other customers who order them (presumably as part of the promotional
program referred to in the referenced message) should be getting them
with the 4.0 release at about the same time as those who are getting
4.0 on QIC tape.  4.0 release date isn't public knowledge yet, but it
IS some months away, at least.

--

	Dave Olson