<defunct> process addendum

Loki Jorgenson Rm421 loki at NAZGUL.PHYSICS.MCGILL.CA
Mon Apr 22 01:29:00 AEST 1991

	Additional note to my previous posting:

	When I finally attempted to reboot the machine, I found that I couldn't.
My first couple of attempts using reboot or shutdown failed.  They "ran"
correctly except for the fact that they did't shut it down.  They were
apparently "swallowed up".  Prehaps they were left waiting somewhere
(as a <defunct> process?).

	Eventually, any halt/shutdown/reboot attempts would just hang
without responding at all.

	Finally, I had to push the reset to get it down.
Loki Jorgenson              / /          \ \  node:  loki at Physics.McGill.CA
Grad, Systems Manager      / //////  \\\\\\ \ BITNET: PY29 at MCGILLA
Physics, McGill University \ \\\\\\  ////// / fax:   (514) 398-8434
Montreal Quebec CANADA      \_\          /_/  phone: (514) 398-7027