Cursor Keys in curses - how?

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Sun Apr 21 01:02:34 AEST 1991

Problem:
How do you input cursor keys in curses ?

Background:
I want to show a menu on the screen which is similar to the one you get from
SMG$ on VAX/VMS. The curses package available in C gives the problem
that the cursor key is read either as terminator or as a sequence of three
characters (e.g.,  <ESC> [ A ) in vt100 emulation instead of a cursor key.

Please:
I would be grateful if someone in netland could explain me what goes wrong on
the vt100 emulation side or even get me a piece of code which reads in a cursor
key correctly.

Regards
Reinhard

|Dr. Reinhard Doelz  | X.400: S=doelz,OU=urz,O=unibas,P=switch,A=arcom,C=ch   |
|  Universitaets-    | RFC  : doelz at urz.unibas.ch                             |
|  rechenzentrum     | X.25 : psi%022846211142::embnet                        |