Laser Printers

Marc Friedman marc at RAINBOW.MITRE.ORG
Sat Apr 27 04:47:58 AEST 1991

	We are looking into purchasing a new laser printer for
our IRIS 4D/85GT.  We currently have an HP LaserJet hanging off
one of our serial ports and would like to replace it with a new
laser printer (also on the serial port if possible).  We were
wondering if there are any recommended/supported color and non-color
postscript laser printers we should look into.  We want to avoid
paying a lot of money for a laser printer which we cannot take
full advantage of it's features or is not compatible with the
machine.

	I have read the man page on mkcentpr and seen the list of
color laser printers supported on the Centronix Parallel port.
However, I don't believe the 4D/85GT came with this parallel
port and I would like to avoid purchasing this board if possible.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
*  Marc Friedman
*  The Mitre Corporation