Transfer files between PC and IRIS?

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Tue Apr 16 23:39:54 AEST 1991

line, I have a related problem.  I have a T-bar switch connected to
ttyd1 which lets me connect either to a PC or to another, much older
Unix system.  Both connections run at 9600 baud, and I have uugetty
running on the port.

When I switch to the PC I can log in without problem.  But when I switch
back, uucp cannot use the line until I look in as root and either change
the ownership of /dev/ttyd1 back to uucp or chmod o+r /dev/ttyd1 so that
uucp can read it.  Does anyone have an easier way to do this?
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=silvert%biome%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=silvert%biome at cs.dal.ca