Upgrading 25G to 35G

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Fri Apr 19 04:23:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr16.142508.9934 at helios.physics.utoronto.ca>, chlebana at physics.utoronto.ca (Frank Chlebana) writes:
|> Is it possible to upgrade JUST the processor board on a 4D25G. Or does one have
|> to upgrade BOTH the processor board and the graphics board??

The upgrade kit does not include a new graphics board.  You use your
existing graphics board (which does require a couple of small mods).
The upgrade must be carried out by a Silicon Graphics PSE.

Or so I've been told. I'm waiting for an upgrade too. Paying customers come
first.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"Spirits of genius are always opposed by mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein