popup menus under 3.3.2

nieswand at LISBOA.KS.UIUC.EDU nieswand at LISBOA.KS.UIUC.EDU
Thu Apr 18 02:28:17 AEST 1991

Actually the problem is connected to the sprintf() command.
I compose a string in a subroutine using sprintf(), return the pointer,
and add an item to the menu with addtopup(menu, string). This produces
the correct entry plus a nonsense entry of random size consisting of
strange characters.
If I do the same composition right before I call addtopup, it works
fine. Also when I use fprintf(stderr,"%s\n", string) it prints the
correct thing. The program runs fine under 3.2, but both the same
executable and the recompiled version under 3.3.2. produces this strange
error.
A clue that it has to do with sprintf is, that in this and several other
programs, which run fine under the old system, in the new system some
(not all!!) strings, which I prepare with sprintf() and finally print
with charstr(), don't appear on the screen. (Once even within a loop,
where I print 4 strings in the same manner, one of which is missing!!)
Can anybody help me?
Please email, since I recently unsubscribed.
                        Thanks   Benno Nieswand