dbx magic

Scott Le Grand SML108 at psuvm.psu.edu
Mon Apr 1 07:46:12 AEST 1991

Hi, I have a small problem.  I made a small change to an algorithm which
greatly improved its efficiency.  However, I changed the source after I
compiled it.  The difference is at most 2 or 3 lines of code.  I have
tried to use dbx to run through the program and see how the values of
variables have changed, but it really only allows me to look crudely
at global variables as I did not use the -g option compiling the thing
as I did not plan for this to happen.  Is there any way to dissect
out the value of a local variable in a procedure in code compiled without
the -g option?

Scott