Getting compor map colors.

Mark Overmars markov at cs.ruu.nl
Tue Apr 23 01:32:29 AEST 1991

I have the following problem. I want to draw colormap images inside a RGB
window. As a result I need to find out what the colors in the colormap are. To
this end I thought I should use the routine

  getmcolor()

Unfortunately, this routine only work when you are in colormap mode, not when
you are in RGB mode. (Why?) So the question is, how do I do it. To make this
precise: I have an RGB window open, and I want a routine my_color(col) that
sets the current RGB color to the color in index col in the colormap.

(I need this for making the forms in the FORMS library into RGB windows and
still maintaining the current behaviour of the package.)

Mark Overmars