Transfer files between PC and IRIS?

Owen Baker rxcob at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au
Sat Apr 6 09:26:21 AEST 1991

naiming at eng.umd.edu (Naiming Shen) writes:

>I am ordering a cable(null modem) to link my PC and IRIS. Can someone
>tell me which communication software on IRIS is best to use to trasfer
>files between those two machines. I have PCPlus on PC.

Why not spend a little extra and get an ethernet card for the PC. There are
plenty of public domain PC ethernet drivers around with telnet and FTP
support which is much faster then an RS232 connection. Im assuming here that
your Iris has an ethernet port. 8 bit ethernet cards for PC's can purchased in
Australia for $200-$300 and probably less OS.

Owen Baker
odb at bodoni.csu.rmit.oz.au
RMIT, Melbourne, Vic. Australia.
Telephone (61) (3) 660-2038