Korn shell vs tcsh shell

DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Apr 10 17:10:04 AEST 1991

How does the Korn shell, which costs money, compare to the tcsh shell, which
is free ? What does each do that the other doesn't ?

>Just a short plea to the folks at SGI:
>Please consider including ksh as one of the standard shells.
>I know the AT&T license may cost a few bucks, but it's money well spent.
>--
>Vincent Fox (That's Mr. Bucko to you)|"The bear and Carl lived together in the
>Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA             |cave for several years until, one day, th
>SR-71: gt1111a at prism.gatech.edu      |true savagery of Nature being unleashed,
>Pony Express:...!gatech!prism!gt1111a|Carl killed and ate him."    -Gary Larson

| karron at nyu.edu (e-mail alias )         Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| Phone: 212 263 5210 Fax: 212 263 7190  New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue                       Digital Pager <1> (212) 397 9330    |
| New York, New York 10016               <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |