automounter on IRIX 3.3.2

Edward Dergharapetian edward at luna.math.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 13 09:25:38 AEST 1991

Hi folks--
Has anyone been successful in using automount on a Personal IRIS workstation
running IRIX 3.3.2?  I'm following the documentation and would like to setup
direct mounts for some NFS file systems.  The problem I'm encountering is that
either:

1.  The NFS filesystem is mounted in /tmp_mnt when I try to "ls" the symbolic
    link, but I'm unable to change directory to the mounted filesystem using
    the symbolic link.  All obvious protections appear to be correct.

2.  Nothing happens.  Neither the NFS filesystem is mounted, nor the symbolic
    link is setup.  When I try to "ls" the symbolic link, it hangs.  I can't
    remove it either since "rm" claims "mount point in use".

If anyone has a working setup, knows that automount under IRIX is broken,
or can help with the above problems let me know via E-mail.  Thanks,

edward.

Edward Dergharapetian                               (213) 206-6067
UCLA Mathematics Dept. 405 Hilgard Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90024-1555
ARPA: edward at math.ucla.edu
				"Life was easy when it was boring"