bizarre xterm bug?

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Thu Apr 18 23:39:07 AEST 1991

With some fonts, the xterm program refuses to scroll underscore
characters off of the last line of the window --- it just leaves them
there on the bottom line!
When the window redraws (for whatever reason) it puts them in the
right place.
This error occurs with the courier-bold.## family of fonts, but not
with most other fonts --- I have not checked them exhaustively!

Has anyone else seen this?  I like these fonts, but it is irritating
to have them leave characters on the bottom line of the window!

(I am running 3.3.1)
John D. McCalpin			mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Assistant Professor			mccalpin at brahms.udel.edu
College of Marine Studies, U. Del.	J.MCCALPIN/OMNET