NIS master not running IRIX OS

Daniel Phaneuf phaneuf at ireq.hydro.qc.ca
Fri Apr 12 01:25:49 AEST 1991

I am having some problems with the Workspace and the System Manager on
our 4D/310 running 4D1-3.3.2. The problem is well known since it is
listed inr the 4D1-3.3.2 Release and Installation Notes Manual. I
tried to add the following lines in the /etc/rpc file on my Sun NIS master:

sgi_toolkitbus	391001
sgi_fam         391002

>From the "ypcat rpc | egrep 'sgi_fam|sgi_toolkit', I can see that both
entries are there but I still get the following error messages when I
try to fire up the Workspace and the System Manager:

Can't connect with file access monitor

What am I doing wrong?
   Daniel Phaneuf                    Institut de Recherche d'Hydro-Quebec,
   Administrateur de systemes        Montee Ste-Julie, Varennes,
   (System Administrator)            P. Quebec, Canada, J3X 1S1
                                     Tel: 514-652-8074 Fax: 514-652-8309
                                     e-mail: phaneuf at ireq.hydro.qc.ca