Connecting Fuji 2266S

Shoshana Abrass shoshana at pdi.UUCP
Wed Apr 10 04:03:56 AEST 1991

>From <1991Apr8.220521.1111 at utstat.uucp>, Tom Glinos:

>  Has anybody connected one of these [Fujitsu M2266S] to a 4d/220?
>  I need jumper settings and fx parameters.

  We've connected them to 4D/25's. Since we don't have any 220's, I
  don't know what the differences are, but here's what we did.

  The default fx parameters worked fine. One jumper on the drive
  needed to be removed - the "Enable Read Ahead Cashe" (sic)
  jumper - specifically, jumper 5-6 of bank CN9 and CN3 (not CNH3,
  which is different). Removing the jumper disables the cache.
  See pages 3-7 and 3-8 of the technical handbook.

  I don't remember the exact error we were getting when this jumper
  was in placa, unfortunately. But it wasn't any of the 'usual'
  timeout, ID CRC, or unexpected phase SCSI errors.

  Hope this helps. When I called the hotline (back in feb.) they
  said they had absolutely no info on these drives. By now they
  may have learned something.

  -shoshana
  shoshana at pdi.com