Photographing the screen

Brent Baker brent at greylady.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:02:21 AEST 1991

     I posting this for a friend, so please don't respond to this account.
     Respond to: howie at jas1.uoregon.edu

Every now and then I've seen postings about how to take photographs of images
on the console; however, I never had any need to do such photography so I
never saved the postings.  Now I have a need.  We recently bought a molecular
modeling package and I would like to take publication-quality photographs of
the molecular models.  The images are generated by the MIDAS software and
displayed on a Personal IRIS 4D/25.  Can someone give me advice about the
best focal length lens, the type of film, exposure, etc.

Thanks
                                               Howie
                                               howie at jas1.uoregon.edu