sendmail.cf problem

roberts roberts at nimrod.wpd.sgi.com
Fri Apr 5 10:51:30 AEST 1991

In article <9104030418.aa00326 at ADM.BRL.MIL>, FL17 at DLRVMBS.BITNET writes:

> Much would be gained if SGI could come up with a configuration of their
> current sendmail.cf file (IRIX 3.3.2) for a net with no domain addressing.
> At least this would help those who had not a chance so far to switch to
> domain addressing and it may be of interest to others, too.

The sendmail.cf file which comes with the prototype MX sendmail package
currently available for anonymous FTP from SGI.COM [192.48.153.1] should
solve this problem.

A compressed tar file containing the sendmail binary, the
sendmail.hf file, a skeleton sendmail.cf, and a self explanatory
README file can be found in the ftp directory under the pathname
sgi/sendmail/MX_sendmail/MX_sendmail.tar.Z

Those wishing to experiment with this code should note that it is to
be considered an unsupported prototype and that the following disclaimers
apply in full:

----------
This software is provided without support and without any obligation on
the part of Silicon Graphics, Inc. to assist in its use, correction,
modification or enhancement.  There is no guarantee that this software
will be included in future software releases.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND
INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE
PRACTICE.

In no event will Silicon Graphics, Inc. be liable for any lost revenue or
profits or other special, indirect and consequential damages, even if
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
----------

I will also make the sendmail.cf file separately available.  It is
virtually identical to the 3.3.2 sendmail.cf file with the following
substantive changes:

565a565
> R$*<@$+.>$*           $1<@$2>$3               delete any trailing dot
580a581
> R$*<@$+.>$*           $1<@$2>$3               delete any trailing dot

I am making it available in the ftp directory on SGI.COM under the
pathname:

	sgi/sendmail/sendmail.cf

                Robert L. Stephens
                Silicon Graphics Inc.