Personal Iris 1 Meg Simms

Earl Weaver, VLD/ASB earl at BRL.MIL
Thu Apr 18 22:43:40 AEST 1991

I added 8 MB of 80-ns (1-MB SIMMS) memory to two of our 4D20s (in the rear
sockets) and we haven't had any problems.  I can't remember what chips they
were, but I could check if anybody really needs to know.  (I "borrowed"
the memory from some Sun spares kits we had;  we had a job that needed
more memory and didn't have time to go through the usual procurement channels...)

But what I'd like to do is replace all the 1-MB SIMMS with 4-MB SIMMS.  I don't
remember seeing any postings that anyone has done this successfully.

Does anybody out there have 64 MB in their 4D20 machines?  Or has anybody, even
temporarily, experimented by installing 16 4-MB SIMMS to see if it would work?
If so, what were the chips?