automount sun filesys on sgi

Ken Chin-Purcell ken at ag.msc.edu
Tue Apr 16 23:37:44 AEST 1991

Andrew Torda writes:
....I have been happily using the automounter from sun to sun, but
....can't get an iris to automount ...
....Now, I have an entry in auto.direct like ...
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^
I had similar problems with direct mounts.  The 3.3.2 update release
notes mention direct mounts as an existing bug in automount.

My workaround was to put all of the mounts as indirect mounts in /rmnt,
then place a symbolic link in the file system:

/disk1 -> /rmnt/disk1

Be sure also to merge SGI's /etc/rpc file into your NIS server,
so that sgi_mount is in the rpc NIS map.

--
--  Ken Chin-Purcell, Graphics, AHPCRC, Minnesota Supercomputer Ctr.
--  also known as ken at msc.edu and 612-626-8090