System Admin tools

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Wed Apr 17 00:29:01 AEST 1991

I greatly appreciate the ease of carrying out routine system
administration tasks on my new PI, but one point seems an unnecessary
hassle.  When I add a new user the lovely menu doesn't seem to have any
place where I can change the default user group.  This means that after
installing the user I then have to go back to the shell, edit the
password file, and then run chgrp on the directory tree.  Is there some
easier way round this?

I note that sysadm offers me a wider range of options, so I shall
probably switch to using this, but it would be nice to supplement the
superb mouse/menu interface with this one small option!
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=silvert%biome%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=silvert%biome at cs.dal.ca