How to work "ct" on IRIS

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com
Tue Apr 9 03:53:30 AEST 1991

In article <1526 at nttcvg.ntt.jp>, watanabe at nttcvg.NTT.JP (Yasuhiko Watanabe) writes:
> I tried to connect modem to SGI serial port, and fix hayes modem setting by
> fix-hayes, edit inittab, and tried telinit q.
> After these work, I edited the Devices. But ct prints out "no modem."(I do
> not remember the exact message) Why? I am using IRIX3.3.2.
> Does ct really look Devices file? Or are there any files to be modified?

It is often necessary to ensure that /dev/tty<whatever> has suitable
permissions.

It should not be necessary to edit inittab to use ct, except perhaps to
turn off a getty on the line.  Inittab is only for normal incoming getty's.

Few people use ct, and there are some ugly sounding bug reports about it.

So many bug reports, so little time...
Vernon Schryver,   vjs at sgi.com