X mit distribution with Xsgi

Bill Reynolds bill at inls1.ucsd.edu
Sat Apr 13 07:16:15 AEST 1991

Hi Netters,
	I hope this isn't a faq. We are the proud new owners of a
personal iris with an X server. We've tried to build a couple of X
clients and we find that we can't link them. Or sgi rep tells us that
it's another $500 to get the X development kit which contains all the
stuff you need to build clients. My question is then: Can we build the
libraries from the mit distribution and install those? Are there any
pitfalls in doing this that people have discovered. If this is so do
we need to build the entire distribution, is it so much worse than the
stuff that comes bundled? For example, I notice the sgi xterm seems a
bit flakier than the one we built for are Suns. If there's interest
(and this hasn't been beaten to death already) I'll post responses.