Collision Detection?

Mark Kilby mk at joker.mil.ufl.edu
Fri Apr 12 05:02:26 AEST 1991

Has anyone done any work in collision detection based on intersections
of graphical objects on the IRIS?  We are interested in either hardware
or software solutions.  Specifically, we need to identify points of
contact on both of the intersecting objects, not just whether there
was a collision or not (preferably in world coordinates).

>From what we have read in the IRIS manuals, the picking and selecting
calls to the graphics library only determine if a collision occurs.

Please e-mail responses directly to me as I do not regularly monitor
this newsgroup (it makes for a hefty long distance phone bill).
If anything useful comes up, I'll post a summary.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
mk at joker.mil.ufl.edu