Need help setting up to print to an Imagen 2308

Robert A. Lentz lentz at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Apr 4 08:46:18 AEST 1991

I am trying to set up an PI to print to an Imagen 2308 (complete with image
server) using the imagen1 program that came with the tex distribution from
the ftp site at brl to process the dvi files. (Caveat: We apparently do not
have the ipr distribution sitting around and thus are simply using lp (Bad
idea?)) Unfortunately we are having no luck at all. The manual seems to
indicate the Sequenced Packet Protocol should be used for connecting unix
hosts, but that gives us nothing, as opposed to the Serial Byte Stream
Protocol (which is apparently recommended for Apollos) which at least gives
us error pages. I have tryed playing around witht the quoting and eof
characters but have gotten nowhere very slowly. Any help/advice/hints would
be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Robert Lentz
lentz at casbah.acns.nwu.edu