C++ de-mangling

Scott R. Presnell srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Thu Apr 11 07:18:10 AEST 1991

Hi,
	I have a question about C/G++ de-mangling.  I'm beginning to
experiment with g++ and gdb/dbx.  I've found a reference to the syntax of
mangled function/variable names.  However, I was under the vague impression
that gdb and/or some dbxes performed this de-mangling operation for the
user.  Is demangling of c++ functions and variables supposed to be an
automagic occurrence when using gdb or IRIX dbx, or is there some flag to
set or process one must go through to get the de-mangled names inside the
debugger?  I've tried, but cannot get it to happen.

	4D/20G - IRIX 3.3.1, we have the developers stuff, but not C++.
	g++-1.37.2

	Thanks.

	- Scott Presnell (srp at cgl.ucsf.edu)

--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet