Dumb imged question

David Demers demers at beowulf.ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 25 05:17:46 AEST 1991

I am pretty much an Iris novice.  I was examining some of
the image tools, such as icut/izoom/ipaste, and decided
to sketch a new .rgb file with imged.  I invoked the
editor with
imged test.rgb 50 64 -rgb
and got into the editor.  But there does not seem to
be any way to generate color.  The new image is initialized
to be all grey.  The left button changes the underlying
pixel to white, and middle button to grey.  Nowhere in
the man page or documentation is there any mention of
changing colors, except that
"If the Shift key is held down, pushing a brush
button causes the bruch to change color to the color of
the pixel directly under the cursor."  Since the
only pixel colors in the drawing are white and grey, this is
not useful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave DeMers					demers at cs.ucsd.edu
Computer Science & Engineering	C-014		demers%cs at ucsd.bitnet
UC San Diego					...!ucsd!cs!demers
La Jolla, CA 92093-0114	  (619) 534-8187,-0688  ddemers at UCSD