Pandora

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Sat Apr 13 06:32:11 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.145758 at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu>, ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu (Anthony J. Persechini) writes:
|> A while back the Pandora graphical login interface started
|> echoing passwd back. I have disabled it, but am now
|> wondering if others have had this happen to them, what the fix is
|> and what causes it. I am using a 4D20G under 3.3.1

It sounds like somehow your font directory has got screwed up.  Pandora uses
a font full of spaces (/usr/lib/fmfonts/space10.fm - I think) while you
are typing the password.  It sounds like your space10.fm has somehow become
a font with real glyphs.

Pandora uses this font so that it could use a standard text field from the
toolkit it uses.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"Spirits of genius are always opposed by mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein