history in windows?

Jeremy Cook mcvax!kheops.cmi.no!jeremy at uunet.uu.net
Fri Dec 9 19:45:34 AEST 1988

Has anyone written anything a la toolplaces which also allows you to
restore each window's history from a previous session. I would like to be
able to start up suntools  and get  back  to  (almost) the  same  state
that I was in when I last logged out. The things required in addition to
each window's toolplace  are its  history and its directory.

ps Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the  function  keys R8, R10,
R12 and R14 to work as arrows in textedit?

-- Jeremy Cook

jeremy at kheops.cmi.no