Wanted info on screendump?

System Administrator mcvax!cs.exeter.ac.uk!admin at uunet.uu.net
Wed Dec 21 17:07:05 AEST 1988

I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with some useful comments.

We are interested in obtaining screen dumps off our sun on to a postscript
laser printer.  What is the reasonably cheap way of doing this?.  I have
heard of transcript and framemaker but dont really know what each one
actually does.  Are there any other options or public domain software.

Khalid Sattar			JANET: admin at uk.ac.exeter.cs
Computer Science Dept.		UUCP:  ukc!expya!admin
University of Exeter

[[ There is a program in the sun-spots archives that converts a rasterfile
(output from "screendump") to PostScript.  It is in the "sun-source"
section of the archives and there are two files:  "psraster.shar" (26038
bytes) and "psraster.diff" (3787 bytes) which is a bug-fix patch.  They
can be retrieved via anonymous FTP from the host "titan.rice.edu" or via
the archive server.  For more information about the archive server, send a
mail message containing the word "help" to the address
"archive-server at rice.edu".  --wnl ]]