Looking for Sun source sites that want to cooperate

Charles Hedrick hedrick at shemesh.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 22 14:13:20 AEST 1988

As I understand it, 4.0.1 will not be available in source form.  (One of
our folks who was at the Sun users' group meeting was told that Sun got
their version control messed up, and can't come up with the source.)  This
presents obvious problems to source sites who have modified modules that
are also changed in 4.0.1.  It is certainly possible for us to re-develop
the patches included in 4.0.1, but doing so is going to take some work.
I'd appreciate hearing via private mail from other source licensees who
are interested in working on this cooperatively.  I've already made some
progress, which I'd be willing to share.  I've felt for some time that we
need an informal consortium of source sites.  Maybe this will be a catylst
for forming it.  (I might even be willing to give the 4.0.1 source back to
Sun, for a slight fee.)