Sparc C Compiler Bugs

Jay Plett jay at phoenix.princeton.edu
Sat Dec 17 05:14:47 AEST 1988

jbm at eos.arc.nasa.gov (Jeffrey Mulligan) writes:
- Another program that doesn't work properly on the SUN4
- is "find":  if you just say "find filename" it never finds anything (this
- works on the SUN3).  I think we told SUN about this one too, and they said
- "it'll be fixed in 4.1."

Does too work.  You just have to know the obfuscated syntax.
	find '*filename*'
Welcome to SunVMS 4.0.

[[ Uhhh, I think you both came from the twilight zone.  Neither "find
filename" nor "find '*filename*'" will have much effect.  The first
argument(s) to find are the directories in which to start the recursive
search.  Furthermore, find won't say anything about what it's found unless
you use the "-print" option.  So, reread the manual page and then try
"find . -name filename -print".   If I say "find filename" on a Sun 3, it
says "/usr/lib/find/find.codes: No such file or directory"!!!  Oh, and by
the way, the syntax to do this under VMS is MUCH uglier.  --wnl ]]