Administration of Student accounts?

AARON KONSTAM AKONSTAM at TRINITY.BITNET
Sat Dec 31 00:40:37 AEST 1988

We recently bought a gaterbox and suddenly some 30 macintoshes can be
terminals on our sun's. This in turn caused faculty to become interested
in assigning students accounts on the sun for a semester or part of a
semester. So that I don't go back and invent the wheel I would like to
ask the following  questions:

1. Is their software out there that I can get a hold of that will
handle the assigning and unassigning of groups of accounts (possibly file
driven).

2. How is the assigning of passwords handled for the students?

3. What is a reasonable file quota for a student ina beginning computer
science course?

4. Any other relevant advice.

Please reply directly to me.

aaron konstam