rsh othersite command?

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.mn.org
Tue Dec 13 19:15:55 AEST 1988

I've been having some problems with using the "rsh" command from client
machines to a server.  We are running os 3.5 (?).

Running the command by itself on the machine "A" produces the expected
output, i.e., it runs, whereas doing an rsh of the that command from
another machine produces a core dump immediately..  Does anyone have any
ideas or pointers as to what to look for in these cases?  The program is
suid root and is creating some files in the /usr/spool/uucp directory.

Thanks in advance,

derek
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG