Problems with xy451/CDC Sabre

Stuart Levy slevy at nic.mr.net
Fri Dec 30 11:16:27 AEST 1988

We had somewhat similar-sounding flakiness with *one* of our Ciprico
(3200) disk controllers.  After a good deal of fiddling around it appeared
to be associated with whether another card -- any other card -- was in an
adjacent slot.  In short, electrical noise sensitivity.  Our other
Cipricos (3220's) have never displayed such a symptom.  You might try
putting those metal shields in the slots surrounding your 451 in case
that's the cause.

If that doesn't help, a marginal power supply might cause this, too.

	Stuart Levy