High speed sync. serial on Sun4?

Joe Van Andel vanandel at stout.ucar.edu
Tue Dec 20 22:48:31 AEST 1988

I am helping build a Radar Processor that will incorporate a Sun4/260.  I
need the Sun4/260 to read in data from 2 high speed (680 Kbits/sec) synch.
serials lines driven by a Western Digital WD-2511 chip, using the X.25
protocol.  After re-formatting the data, the Sun4 must send out the data
via ethernet (as raw packets, not TCP/IP) or via another synch. serial
port.  Does this sound feasible?  Has anyone written code on a Sun4 that
handles similar bandwidth of sustained serial I/O?

Can anyone recommend a multiple channel, DMA, sync. serial board
(preferably with a driver) on a Sun4?

Thanks in advance, I will summarize any mailed responses.

	Joe VanAndel  		Internet:vanandel at toadwar.ucar.edu
	NCAR - RSG
	P.O Box 3000		Fax:	 303-497-2044
	Boulder, CO 80307-3000	Voice:	 303-497-2072