Tiff-to-Sunraster revisted

Paul Emerson uflorida!ucf-cs!sdgsun!paul at mailrus.cc.umich.edu
Thu Dec 1 15:58:15 AEST 1988

I must have missed the discussion of a TIFF-to-SunRaster filter.  But I
had a need, (background images for Sunview) for such a filter, so I wrote
one.  My version is really TIFF to PBM, but it is easy to just pipeline
the commands: "tiff2pbm Tifffilename | pbmtorast > SunRasterFile".  This
program doesn't fully implement all the feature of TIFF, but it will
convert a TIFF file (single bit plane) created on a Mac.  I have used it
to convert a TIFF file 1152 x 1850 from ThunderScan.  Although I believe
Thunderscan has a bug in it's TIFF converter function, for very large
images, such as the one mentioned.  I had to tweek the image size to the
correct values before running the TIFF file through my program.  I haven't
had any problem with other images.  I will post this program in it's
current state if anyone is interested.  It may be a good starting point
for others,(or just trash).  I knocked it off very fast, and haven't
gotten back to it, but it does suit my needs at this time.

Paul
---
Paul J. Emerson                           Software Design Group, Inc.
Manager, Software Development             800 Trafalgar Ct. Suite 340
UUCP:ucf-cs!sdgsun!paul                   Maitland, FL 32751
CIS: 72355,171                            (407) 660-0006