Gammontool Bug, Yes. Cheats? No. (yes it does...)

cherry.STCWR at xerox.com cherry.STCWR at xerox.com
Tue Dec 13 02:59:35 AEST 1988

I've seen gammontool cheat.  (Sun 3/60; OS 3.5-XNS) where it will put a
piece on the board where I didn't have one.  Showing the replay of the
last move confirms the bug.  This usually occurs in the 2nd half of a game
where I am way ahead of the computer.  It almost seems to realize it can't
possibly win so it puts some more pieces of my color on the board!  It
then proceeds to hit the blot and put me on the bar.  Too bad I can't do
that to it :-)  What is interesting is when you replay the move, the piece
is not against the edge of the board.  It places the piece one piece
position out.

I've seen the game cheat this way many many times and I've finally quit
playing it.  It is also interesting to note that the game rolls about 6
times as many doubles as I get.  This was noticed over a 6 month period.

B.C. & Zot

PUP/GV	: Cherry.STCWR
   XNS	: Cherry:STC WR:Xerox
	| cherry%anb02.CTS:COM:Xerox
  ARPA	| cherry at anb02.CTS.COM
      	: cherry.STCWR at Xerox.COM
  UUCP	: rocksanne!bob
      	| {rocksanne | gryphon | wright}!anb02!cherry

 work =	:
 home =	|