4.0.1 version of libc.so with the resolver

Charles Hedrick hedrick at shemesh.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 22 05:52:04 AEST 1988

A few people asked me for copies of libc.so with the resolver code built
in.  Unfortunately, since Sun has not chose to distribute libc_pic.a,
source is required to rebuild libc.so.  Thus I made a binary of libc.so
available to sites that are interested after verifying that they were
appropriately licensed.  This is just to tell you that I have installed
the 4.0.1 changes in our copy of libc.  This is fairly important, since it
fixes the infamous fputs bug.  As I recall, the libc modules updated in
4.0.1 are fputs, yp_bind, rcmd, and syslog.