Inter-Computer Communication Via SCSI Ports?

Robert Lansdale lansd at eecg.toronto.edu
Fri Dec 30 22:59:36 AEST 1988

Has anyone succeeded in connecting up a SUN and another non-SUN computer
via the SCSI port? I have such a need, but I don't have the time to
decipher SUN's SCSI driver code. I am looking for a front end for this
driver code to allow simple file transfers across the SCSI port. The SUN
in question will be talking to a 68000 host controller board that has a
Macintosh-like SCSI port (NCR5380 driver chip).

  CSNET: lansd%eecg.toronto.edu
  ARPA:  lansd%eecg.toronto.edu at relay.cs.net
  Electrical Engineering Computer Group,
  University of Toronto.