Cuckoo Clock Patch

Nick Holloway alfie at cs.warwick.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 23:26:05 AEST 1988

Reasonably recently, a patch to clocktool was posted to give a cuckoo
clock type of clock with extra flags. However - when I went to apply it, I
discovered that the patch was for 3.x, and we are all running 4.x (can I
call it 4.x, now we already have 4.0.1 waiting on 4.1) here.

Not put off by this (and my general ignorance with frames, events etc) I
attempted to apply the patch by hand. I think I have a working patch, so
for anyone else out there using (suffering) 4.0, I enclose just the patch
for 4.0 users. It seems that Sun have changed (neatened up) the interface
to windows using sunview. The patch needs to be applied to the source
files from /usr/share/src/sun/suntool. You also need all the icons from
the original patch package.

[ I think it is fun to engage test mode with the cuckoo enabled when the
seconds count is zero. Goes mildly crazy! ]

        Bye for now, Nick Holloway
[BTW - who munged this in my last posting-V]
--
JANET : alfie at uk.ac.warwick.cs                  16 Queens Rd
UUCP  : ..!mcvax!ukc!warwick!alfie              Hertford

[[ Unfortunately, his patches were munged (the ususal BITNET to Internet
munging).  Fortunately, the original poster provided me with a new diff
file that is applicable to the 4.x version of clocktool.  I have modified
the shar file in the archives to include an extra file called
"clock.4.0.patch".  That file should be applied to clock.c source from
SunOS 4.0 and later.  The shar file is now 56988 bytes.  It is under
"sun-source" and is called "clock.patch.shar".  It can be retrieved via
anonymous FTP from the host "titan.rice.edu" or via the archive server.
For more information about the archive server, send a mail message
containing the word "help" to the address "archive-server at rice.edu".
--wnl ]]