syslogd

David Pipes pipes at nssdcs.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 30 18:38:16 AEST 1988

There is another way to stop the syslogd from going when it wants to send
mail.debug type messages to LOGHOST on a standalone.  Just put this line
at the top of the file (ie, as the first non-comment line):

	define(LOGHOST, 1)

and you can get mail.debug messages, if you want them.

This seems to tell the syslogd that the machine it is on is the loghost,
but I am unsure how it does it.  I believe this was posted here a while
ago; It was passed on to me by several people to whom I am very grateful.

BTW, the first line should include the word "crazy"; exact placement is
left as an exercise for the reader.

	David Pipes