NeWS problems

Ralph MartinRR%cardiff.ac.uk at nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Dec 4 05:40:19 AEST 1988

We have just put news up here.  (TaRa, TaRa).

We seem to get an awful lot of messages of the form - Window lock broken -
and - Input lock broken.

Secondly, I have a file which is basically a PostScript image command
followed by a lot of data.

If I say 'psh it.ps' it gets drawn on the screen ok, but if I try to draw
it in a window using 'psview it.ps', I get up an empty psview window, and
the cursor completely disappears - NeWS appears completely hung.  After a
long time (5 or 10 minutes) eventually the psview window and the original
window I ran psview from both just disappear.

Can anyone make any specific comments about either of these problems?  And
more generally, does anyone else out there get the feeling that NeWS is at
the stage of being an interesting experimental tool, but totally useless
for serious development?

Ralph