Connecting a Sun to Appletalk?

Kevin T. Chan chan at ee.ucla.edu
Sun Dec 4 07:01:25 AEST 1988

Is there a way that we can connect a Sun to an Appletalk line so that a
Macintosh and Sun can share the same Laserwriter?  We would prefer NOT to
kermit postscript file between the Sun and the Mac just to get a printout.
Thanks.

-Kevin (chan at ee.ucla.edu)

[[ There is a piece of hardware that we call a "Kinetics box".  I don't
know what it's marketing name is, but it is put out by Kinetics.  It is an
Appletalk/Ethernet gateway.  Having one of these is an excellent start.
But you would still need appropriate printer software.  --wnl ]]